
Yesterday did not go quite as I had hoped. First, it was a late lunch again. The french guy kept talking about taking me to frunch - "The food is very good and cheap." I thought he was saying brunch in a cute french accent. He was actually talking about restaurant called Frunch. And while the food was decent and relatively cheap, it was not quite the dining experience I was expecting. Imagine if you will a Golden Corral filled with french people - so full of french people that you are standing around with a tray full of food praying that someone will leave in the next 15 minutes.
Lunch took so long that by the time I got to the front of the line at Sainte Chapelle they were only selling tickets to the Conciergerie. The french guy had been waiting in line with me for about 40 minutes (we had a very nice conversation with a group from New Zealand - aparently their accent is easier for him to understand). Not being interested in the history stuff he left to run some errands when I was about 10 people from the front. Of course, that was before I turned the corner, went down the stairs to the ticket window, and saw that I had missed the cutoff by a few minutes (big bummer because it was a sunny day and the light would have been great for viewing the windows). Luckily I knew where his first stop was so off I went to find him.
For dinner we picked up some bread, salami, fruit, wine, and cheese. I really, really enjoyed dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment