
It snowed today in Paris. Unfortunately the snow was preceded by freezing drizzle.
The hotel that I am staying at is not too far away from the Jardin des Plantes. The gardens are closed in the winter but the zoo is open. The original plan was to grab some chocolate croissants, hit the zoo, get some couscous for lunch, then go to the Opera House. Sainte Chapelle was out for today because of the rain.
We picked up the croissants when the drizzle started and by the time we got to the zoo they were closing it down - the ground was just too slick. After a cold, wet walk to the restaurant we ate a lot of hot, delicious couscous. The snow began as we were leaving the restaurant. So, so pretty to be walking around Notre Dame with the snow falling. I would have taken a picture if I thought I could capture it.
On the way to the Opera House we passed the ice rink at the Hotel de Ville. The french guy seems intrigued by the idea of skating but was too cold to try it today. And of course by the time we made it to the Opera House we were close to the cutoff for entry. So instead of waiting outside in the cold only to be turned away at the door we stopped in a few stores on Haussmann. That is where this picture was taken.
4 comments:
The blog is back, excellent. I was told to be courteous and nice or not write anything at all by the boss (and Amy). That really limits my material. Censorship in a blog in this day and age?
Anyways, the constant referral to 'the french guy' makes him seem imaginary or like he is a bystander. Can you refresh my memory with his actual name?
Have a good time galavanting around the world. I am at home with Sean and Megan watching Batman vs. Mr. Freeze. Maybe tomorrow morning I will get some donuts. As you can see, my blog would be very boring.
Amy, you should have Tom write a journal chronicling his time off, then at least there would be something more uninteresting than my blog.
Chris, you'll be pleased to know that Blago appointed our new senator, Roland Burris
Ujnless you're really into "Lord of the Rings Online" (the game), I don't think you'll find much of Tom's time off very interesting.
Thanks for keeping your salty comments to yourself, Joe. I'm sure Chris can't wait to rehash her trip with you when she gets back. That said, we were dying laughing reading your post.
Happy New Year, ya'll. We're off to a hotel party in Aurora. Doesn't get more salty than that.
Chris, take lots of pictures. Next time you go, I'm getting you a camcorder. The only thing better than the "Chris Goes to Paris" blog is "Chris Goes to Paris": the Movie.
So Amy said you were going back to Paris and that you MIGHT see your male friend, but that you really just had time off at work to burn through, etc...but it looks like you're spending your entire trip with him! You go, girl!
Have a great New Year's tonight! I guarantee your night will be more exciting than any of ours, Amy's hotel party of 10-year-olds included.
I know I should stop calling him the frech guy because 1) his name is Sam and 2) he's not french. He's been sticking close by for the entire trip. I'm not used to that much togetherness but I'm trying to just roll with it.
Amy - I want to hear about the wild hotel party with the 10-year olds.
Post a Comment