Goodbye, Rome. Hello Florence!
Took the train this morning to Florence. Met a couple from Austin who were waiting for the same train. They spent yesterday afternoon and evening in the Trastevere area where my walking tour was suppossed to be. Said it was a lot of fun and the food was the best they have had so far in Italy. I'm thinking about doing Venice as a day trip from Florence so I can go back to Rome. I really liked it there.
Not to dis Florence, though. It has a completely different vibe from Rome. It seems more cozy, less metropolitan. Lots and lots of people here. I walked from the hotel down by the river up to the Piazza Michelangelo. Great views from up there. Then I walked back through the Ponte Vecchio and the Piazza Signoria.
Scored a cheap (and tasty) sandwich across the street from the hotel for dinner. Only 2.50E. I'm going to have to find more deals like that if I want my money to last.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment