I started the day with the Boboli Gardens. It wasn't quite what I expected - I thought there would be more flowers. Outside of some roses there really weren't any flowers. This place was more about views and perspectives and structure. But I was impressed with the size and scale of the gardens. I can't imagine how much money and time it must have taken to create them.
Next was inside the Palazzo Vecchio to see the frescos and walk through the rooms. After Palazzo Vecchio I had lunch (and a little wine) outside on the square. I was able to get some good people watching time in.
And then finally today was the Uffizi. There wasn't as much to see here as I had hoped. I think it was because most of the downstairs was closed for the installation of a new exhibit. They also had quite a few rooms closed off upstairs. And there were a lot of people waiting to get into the rooms that were open. There was almost a fist fight between a tour guide and a woman in one of the galleries.
If I can get a train ticket I plan on doing a day trip to Venice tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You have to get thrown out of one museums while you're there. I got tossed out of the room in the Louvre for taking a picture of the Mona Lisa. Without a flash. The guy next to me was blatantly videotaping it (and this was 1991, so you can imagine how big that video camera was), and the docent bounced me for holding my camera up. It's all part of the fun.
How come I never heard the "Amy got thrown out of the Louvre" story before? I have a picture in my head of some french women in a dark suit grabbing you by the arm and dragging you through the halls of the Louvre.
Oh, come on-that's classic Amy! No, she wasn't chasing me down the hall. It was more of an "Out now!" type thing. I just had to leave the room, not the whole Louvre. She was a French woman in a dark suit, though. Glasses, too, if I remember right. (My picture turned out all blurry, but it's a badge of honor.)
Post a Comment