Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Even More Florence Odds and Ends

Apparently Italian men find curly, dirty red hair very attractive. I've been hit on more today than the entire trip. Not that I was expecting to get hit on, but I was warned about Italian men. I have to say up until now I was not feeling the love. But I didn't blow dry my hair yesterday because it was raining, and I didn't wash it this morning because I was too tired. That combo seemed to do the trick.

Yesterday on my way to the Accademia it was raining. More of a drizzle, actually. And since I'm trying to travel light I decided to skip the umbrella. I didn't have that far to go and I'm not worried about melting if I get wet. But the umbrella vendors were very concerned. I was pretty much chased the entire way to the museum by umbrella waving men yelling "Prego, signora, prego, prego." I would lose one, make it about a block then pick up another.

5 comments:

heather said...

That's funny!

Hey, have you thought yet about who's going to play you in the movie version of "ChrisO's Trip to Europe"?

Anonymous said...

I am wondering at what point Chris will stop sightseeing and begin spending time with an Italian lover, day 10? Or maybe Chris will see every sight in Europe in 35 days, I just found that European Vacation comment funny, 3 days late.

Anonymous said...

I know Chris is having a good time, but she really can't wait til Musky Fest 2008. (Musky, like the fish, not musky, like smelly.)
Only 44 days left! Can't wait! Maybe she'll bring a European back with her. Then it could be musky, like smelly, too. HA, European humor! (Sorry, it's getting late...)

ChrisO said...

The Venezuelan had potential, but when he showed up to get me at the hotel with a guitar over his shoulder (I didn't tell you guys about that, did I?) I couldn't stop thinking about the "How I Met Your Mother" episode where Robin comes home from Argentina with a guitar strumming Enrique Iglesias.

Anonymous said...

Oh,that's hilarious. I wish I could've seen your face...Bring him back. I love Enrique Iglesias. Or Ashton Kutcher in 'Miss Guided'. Heather's the only one who'll know what I'm talking about.