Thursday, April 24, 2008

More Rome Odds and Ends

Another feral cat at the Colosseum. Some tourists from Asia were petting it and taking pictures.

Apparently I made a foreign hotel faux paux by taking my room key with me when I left for the day. I wondered why the key chain attached to it was so big.

And apparently I needed to go to Rome to get a date. I had dinner tonight with the guy I sat next to on the plane. He is an engineer from Venezuela, working for a Texas company that builds devices to measure seismic waves. He has been to Rome several times, working on some project for the government. Got a lot of good site seeing tips from him on the plane ride over.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh thinking of you walking around with one of those huge key chains all day. But I don't remember leaving my keys at the desk.
Good job being social, keeping up international relations. His name wasn't Chavez, was it? (I think that's the right country...)

Anonymous said...

THE CHRISSY IDENTITY:
So a Venezuelan who works for a Texas company working on a government project in Rome for seismic activity.....from my Wiki research Illinois has had more earthquakes in the past 2 weeks than all 3 of those regions had in the last 20 years combined .WARNING Rude comment comming in 3.....2......1....Be wary if he wants to make you feel "the earth move".