I didn’t double check the specs on my laptop power cord against the converter I bought. The converter works great for the battery charger, but not my laptop. Fortunately the hotel has an extra adapter they are letting me use. Unfortunately it only plugs into the outlet in the bathroom. So I am sitting on the floor outside bathroom as I write this.
I'm having trouble with doors. On the train ride from the airport I couldn't figure out how to open the doors between cars. I was trying to pull them open without much success when someone behind me suggested pressing the green button. They slid right open.
Then I couldn't figure out how to open the door to my hotel room. Apparently you turn keys here to the left, not the right, to open a door.
And then there was the outside door to the hotel. It was already open when I first arrived. As I left for dinner they told me to just hit the button outside when I came back and they would let me in. So that's what I did. I hit the button, waited for the buzz, then pushed on the door. When the door wouldn't open, I hit the button again, waited for the buzz, and then tried pulling on the door. It still didn't open. So I hit the button for the third time and stood back. Sure enough the door opened on its own.
For those of you who wanted food updates, I’ve had a chance to try a pizza Margareta, a salami Panini, and lasagna Bolognese. No gelato yet. I’m saving that for after lunch tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Going to the Coliseum? Maybe you'll see Russell Crowe. I saw fight there in a movie once. Pretty impressive...
Hi Jason! Saw the Colosseum today. Now I really have to see Gladiator.
You've never seen Gladiator? It's Joaquin Phoenix at his creepy best. And Russell Crowe...MAXIMUS! MAXIMUS!
http://www.uttyler.edu/faculty/amendoza/Pictures%20and%20Stuff/Far%20Side--gifted%20school.jpg
Post a Comment