Belgium has been....awkward. I've had the hardest time orienting myself in Brussels. Maybe that was because I took a taxi from the train station (by the way, I got completely ripped off with the fare). I accidently ordered two waffles this morning (by the way, I finally found the waffles). And I think I might have been reprimanded for throwing my trash in the wrong container. I'm assuming it was a reprimand, but I could be wrong because he just walked away when I said I didn't speak French.
I meant to get up early and go to Bruges (the city that retarded farmers love) but I slept in instead. The thought of having to walk around all day was just to much for my feet. Instead I went looking for the city tour bus - I found the waffles along the way. I ate all of the first waffle and some of the second at the Grand Palace. I hung out for awhile admiring the architecture with a one footed pigeon (by the way, he sure could move for only having one foot).
Not to long after that I found the bus and rode around for most of the afternoon. Got to see some sites I would never have seen otherwise. After a little chocolate shopping on the way back to the hotel I took a break. I booked my room for Amsterdam and Paris (by the way, I'm returning to Paris this weekend).
I headed back out this evening to find the Mannekin Pis (by the way, he is really, really tiny). It wasn't too far from the hotel and I munched on some frites with ketchup along the way. After that it was off to a cafe for a Belgian beer. I'm skipping dinner tonight. I'm not really hungry after the frites and beer. I'm trying to decide if I should try again for Bruges in the morning before I leave for Amsterdam. Stay tuned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Well, really, what do you expect from people who can't decide what language they want to speak? (Have you heard Flemish yet?) Completely divided as a country. Don't take it personally.
Ok Chris, you are going back to Paris for the weekend, you have already seen the Eiffel Tower, you can't use that as an excuse, so tell me more about this guy, and have you met his family.
I have a feeling Chris is going to come back with a lot of 'pen pals'. (If she comes back at all...)
I've lost count...
My french is out of town. Which is partly why I am going back. I got a little - let's say distracted - last time around. Not only did I meet some of his family (two cousins) but I got invited to a wedding.
Post a Comment