I made it. I couldn't stop smiling once I left the airport. HOME at last.
But that airport! I was out of the hotel and outside the train station before they even opened the gates. The first train out was supposed to be at 5:09am. We didn't leave until 5:23. I had visions of missing yet another flight. But since I was still able to check in on time, no Angry Chris.
But I did get a hit from the drug dog at Chicago. Well, OK it wasn't exactly a drug dog. More like a fruit dog. I had been taking a piece of fruit with me everyday and carrying it in my bag. Apparently the dog could tell that at some point fruit had been transported in my purse. I got a special mark on my immigration form and had to go through a different screening, but after that it was smooth sailing.
So now I'm home trying to figure out why my car won't start. But I'm home.
Thanks everyone for keeping up with me while I was away. You don't know how much easier the trip was knowing how many people back home were supporting me. And of course I loved all the comments from my very funny friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Now please plan a trip to the East Coast to visit me.
Kat
Welcome back to the Land of Lincoln, Chris O! Thanks for letting me take a vicarious trip through Europe, since I'll most likely never get there live and in person. I'll never forget my visit to Rome :)
Post a Comment