I think I might be reaching my saturation point. Which is good thing since I am running out of money (Thank you Amy for the valiant if futile effort to get my Visa Travel Card reloaded - and f*** you AAA for telling me I had three easy ways to reload the card when I really don't have any). Washing my clothes out in the sink is losing it's novelty. I'm running out of some supplies (like sunscreen and deodorant). I'm covered from head to toe in various scrapes, bruises, and blisters. I'm looking forward to sleeping in my own bed soon (I think I'm on my eighth hotel). And I did get a little homesick today. I overheard some tourists joking around with each other on the tour bus. As cool as this trip has been - I miss that. And Monday lunches.
I saw a beggar shift change from the top of the tour bus today. I was watching the beggar's dog waiting for the bus to finish loading when it happened. Another scruffy looking guy walked up to switch places with the first. Who do you think puts the schedule together? Where is it posted? Do you think you can trade shifts if you've got something else going on?
Remember the German Idol contestant in the purple shirt singing "All By Myself"? I think he might have won the whole thing last night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It would be funny to see a beggar whip out a cell phone and call around looking for someone to cover his hours. (Reminds me of working at Archiver's. They might make more than we did, too.)
Yes, Chris, another lunchless Monday for me tomorrow. I literally don't eat lunch on Monday anymore out of respect for you. OK, I just eat a second breakfast at 11:30. (I have low bloodsugar.)
London should feel easier for you. No more struggling to understand another language. Well,until they start talking about lifts, chuffed and gobsmacked. Here's a good site for translations of the Queen's English. http://www.effingpot.com/
London should feel easier, but I had more trouble getting the right train on the tube than I did the Metro in France. And they really don't like it here when you call the tube the metro.
Post a Comment