I pretty much stuck to the schedule today. I started off by picking a new route on the tour bus. Angry Chris almost made an appearance a day early when I spent 45 minutes looking for the invisible bus stops on the road that runs in front of the hotel. They are clearly marked on the map, yet the tour company "just doesn't run buses there." Between that delay and the traffic I didn't get much time in before I gave up and started walking.
I got off the bus near Trafalgar Square and headed across the river. Then a stop at the London Eye to take a ride and admire the views. They were pretty good on a sunny day like today. After that I went to the Imperial War Museum (thanks for the tip Joe) where I spent a few hours. Very interesting place. I probably could have spent another hour or so inside but the weather was so nice I wanted to enjoy it a little longer. So I headed towards Parliament and walked back along the river to Trafalgar Square. I grabbed dinner at a place right off the square (grilled chicken with lime and cilantro - pretty tasty). Then it was on to the National Gallery. I only stayed for about an hour because 1) several rooms and a one wing were closed and 2) I was so tired I really wasn't enjoying it.
After a very long walk back to the hotel I'm watching the end of the Manchester United-Chelsea game and pretending to be a fan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is supposed to be a huge soccer matchup. You should try Indian food while you're out there. With the huge Indian and Pakistani populations they have, I've heard there are a lot of good restaurants around.
I will definitely have to try Indian tomorrow. I've been eating nothing but pub food (and fruit) since I got here. Not very adventureous, I know, but after the pate, prawns, steak tartare, etc. in other cities I just wanted regular food.
Amyyyyyyy-
It's calllllled futbol!
LOL
Post a Comment