You know what this place is like? A college town on steroids. I think that is the best way to describe it.
It is also wonky - the buildings I mean. I've tried getting pictures so you can see what I'm talking about. It's almost like looking at an optical illusion, but it's not an illusion. The building really is crooked. And people live in it.
And it's a little grungy here. Not in a filthy, "that's disgusting" kind of way. It's more of a "I haven't showered in three days" kind of way.
There are bikes everywhere, more than anyplace else I've been. Most of them don't look like they would make it down the street, let alone across town. And when you see a guy in a suit ride by on one, it is just surreal.
The food has been OK, but it's not like Rome or Paris. I am not getting excited thinking about my next meal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
are you drinking any amstel light there? I just saw a commercial on TV last night for amstel light and it had all these scenes in Amsterdam and I thought of you - sounds like its like no other place- cool - and by the way- in case you are interested in any American Idol news-- its David and David in the finals-thats how exciting it is here compared to your life right now
"There's only two things I can't stand in this world. Those who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch." Nigel Powers, "Goldmember"
If you have any access at all to YouTube, you absolutely have to look for the New Kids on the Block reunion concert this morning on the Today show. It's like watching Tom and Joe sing and dance as if they were 20 years old again. (No offense, guys.) Whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh! Hangin tough! Really, Donnie Walberg, was the acting gig that bad? Did it have to come to this?
Check out Museum Vrolik while you're there. I hear it's a hoot.
Except for one iced tea in Paris, the only things I've been drinking are water, wine, and beer.
I've been checking the American Idols results online each week. I can't believe Syesha lasted as long as she did. I hope David Cook wins.
There are only two things in this world that scare me, nuclear war ... and carnies, circus folk, nomads, smell like cabbage, small hands. - Austin Powers
Jason,
Ichecked out that museum you recommended online. Totally not my thing. I'm a wuss, I just can't stomach that stuff. Yet I can watch just about any medical procedure they'll show on the Discovery channel. Go figure.
Post a Comment