Monday, May 19, 2008

Final Paris Odds and Ends


The picture is to commemorate my final train trip in Europe. I'm going to miss the trains. :(

Rome is still my favorite, but Paris is a close number two. And I have to say its one of the cleanest places I've been. Unlike Amsterdam, which was probably the dirtiest.

I've been kissed twice (on the cheek) in the last 24 hours. It goes something like this - "Bonjour, where are you from, would you like to go for a drink/cafe, no?, then please give us a kiss". That would just not happen at home.

Paris is the only city I've been to where I couldn't get any channels in English. And the Simpsons is still pretty funny when its in French.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look good! Look at all that worldly wisdom you've acquired in the last 4 weeks! I like the trains,too. Even here I would do the train, but somehow it doesn't have the same cache as Europe.

Anonymous said...

I'll wager Angry Chris will emerge on day 3 in London, let's wait and see what'll set her off. It took at least 3 days in Paris to get angry, she wasn't in Amsterdam longer than two days, so everyone was safe there, but Belgium was 3+ days and she called someone a prick.

So, if Chris goes to the great northwoods with us, I'll keep that in mind. To avoid Angry Chris, on day 3, we'll send her to the spa and give her sleeping pills.

As a random thought, am I the only one having a hard time reading the word verification to post a comment, that is pretty annoying.

Anonymous said...

HI CHris-- Well you should like London- I thought it was very clean and you wont have the language barrier either, and of course more pubs(but I thought the pub grub was marginal). Tower of London, Buckingham Palace, museum by the Tower of london- had lots of tiaras of the Queen I believe, and a wonderful park- somewhat like Central Park(St Stephens Green???I think)
I was worried after some of your posts you might not be coming home, selfish me-- but I miss our lunches as well.
Hey did Amy tell you I bowled a 203 and Tom bowled a 204- we set the bar high for you when we have our next bowl a thon when you come back

Have fun-
blood pudding uggh! enjoy

Anonymous said...

Sean is here and wants to say hi after seeing the picture of Aunt Chris

here is his post

cjerunvrjeb,,m m4asegq;3evhknjbhnbn nhwz'.vop,kob,gbvcrhvb gf r lshgzpfh ghb nvbnmvcx./'';x szzaaawrwrewvbbvhghnbmvvmvghgjgnbnb

I think this is toddler text messaging-like how he uses the space bar

ffbbbfhiiiiii n rp' []\ vf vhfbvhbhfvhvvfdv

Anonymous said...

You look so good!
I think we should start a cheek kissing movement here in the states (Chris's Greek relatives all do the double kiss).
And, I have had blood sausage. Not at all what you think, pretty damn tame.

jenny (patton) rabig said...

I love the message from Sean!!
Chris, you DO look good - you look GREAT!
Travelling agrees w/ you!
Not too much exciting here.
John is almost done w/ school and so we will soon be living in the same place, which will be nice.
When I get a chance, I'm going to sit him down so he can look through all of this. I know he'll love it!

and joe...
I am CONSTANTLY having to retype the word verification!!! It IS annoying!

Also, I'm w/ Nicole. I thought we'd lost you for a bit there. I know it's selfish, but I just got you back!!

miss you, love you, can't wait to see you and all your pics - hearing more stories about your adventures

jenny

ChrisO said...

I feel good. I haven't had a diet coke since I left. I've been eating a lot of fresh fruit (the stuff in Paris was fantastic - the corner stores had more apple varieties than I've ever seen). And the walking has been better exercise than the gym. Other than a few bad nights I'm sleeping well too. I gotta make more lifestyle changes when I get back. And then maybe we won't see Angry Chris at all.

And Nicole and Tom - what's with the 200+ bowling games? I'm never going bowling with you two. I'm lucky if I can break triple digits.

Anonymous said...

St. Stephens Green is in Dublin, Nicole drinks too much on vacation.

Anonymous said...

Nicole forgot to add that Jason bowled a 211. The best part is that most of us ached the rest of the weekend-hips, knees, legs. It was like bowling at a nursing home. Agh, my hip!

jason said...

211...meh! Shoulda seen me tonight. 193-212-259-242. That's a little more like it. Next time we bowl I'll do better.
Any celebrity sightings yet?

ChrisO said...

Not a one. Although Emma Thompson and Dustin Hoffman are suppossed to be filming a movie around here somewhere.