Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Interlaken Day 2

Thanks for the tip, Joe!

I took the cogwheel train up to Jungfraujoch where there are some great views of the Alps. You actually have to take a few trains to get there. I stopped about a third of the way up to walk around a little town and take some pictures. Then switched trains a few stops later and went the next third of the way up. Grabbed something for lunch (a brat and a local dish that turned out to basically be hash browns) and Went the final third up to check out the views. I walked through the ice tunnels, went outside to a couple of the lookout areas and took even more pictures. Grindelwald was one of the stops on the way back down. I walked around there a little bit, too.

Tomorrow it is on to Paris. I should get there by mid-afternoon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, here we go, baby! What do you need to know? Can't miss Montmartre, Les Invalides (Napoleon is buried there.), even check out La Defense. I never made it there, but it's all new architecture. I think you can see it from the top of the Arc de Triomphe (gotta do that, too). You like museums? Well, I don't really, but there are tons of them there. Get some Metro tickets, too. They used to sell them in a carnet (carNAY) like a booklet, that was cheaper.
You'll see dogs all over the place, consequently dog poopies, too. I've even had dogs next to me in restaurants. Maybe that's changed (it's been 11 years).
Rainy here today and tomorrow. Yesterday it was over 80, though. Let me know what area you're staying in when you get there...

jason said...

This all sounds like great fun, but you're gonna miss bowling on Friday. Can you fly back real quick?

ChrisO said...

Amy,

I think the area I am staying in is called Montmartre. I'm near the corner of Rue La Fayette and Rue du Faubourg Montmartre. There are supposed to be a lot of good restaurants in the neighborhood. I was too tired to check any out tonight.

Anonymous said...

Chris will be bowling via satellite from Paris. And she will still beat me.