Today was a relatively quiet day and I still wore myself out.
First thing I did this morning was buy myself a subway/bus pass because I had a ticket today to the Chelsea Flower Show (I'm such a flower/garden dork). Since Chelsea isn't even on the map I bought I wasn't going to attempt to walk it, especially since the show would involve a bunch of walking.
There were people everywhere. Some of the exhibits had crowds 5-6 people deep in front of them. To look at flowers. They sure do love their gardens here. Most of the stuff I saw was fantastic. Made me want to head home and start digging.
After that I went to Piccadilly Circle for some shopping (I actually bought stuff this time) then walked back to the hotel for dinner.
I'm heading to bed early tonight. Then I think I'll start with the Tower of London tomorrow morning and take it from there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am sure you have looked into this, Madame Tussaud's is pretty interesting, even though they opened one over here.
You may want to trade in your car for a Hybrid PT Cruiser, gas has gone up $6 a gallon since you left.
Yes, Home Depot makes me feel the same way these days.
I indulged my travel bug by doing a day trip to Springfield yesterday with 21 fourth-graders. There were 18 parents and my daughter wanted largely nothing to do with me, so it was the easiest field trip I've ever been on. Highlights? Watching the Senate in session and seeing a drive-thru liquor store. Really, Springfield never gets old for me...
Madame Tussaud's is not too far away from the hotel. I think I could walk there. They had the Pierce Brosnan figure at the ticket place for the London Eye. I didn't realize what it was at first. After I walked by I was thinking "I know that guy from somewhere." Yea, duh.
I need to get myself a fat tire bike with a wide seat when I get home so I can leave the car in the driveway. And I need a basket and bell for the bike. Then you guys can really make funny of me as I ride around town with a bonnet on my head extolling the virtues of the European way of life.
Ah, Springfield. I haven't been there in years. Did you get to rub Lincoln's nose? (That is Springfield, right?)
Post a Comment