Sorry I'm late posting again. Internet access at the hotel is free, but only available from the lobby. And I was too tired to go downstairs to post when my day ended.
Yesterday was mostly about the Musee D'Orsay. I think I spent about 5 hours in there walking around looking at the paintings and sculptures. There was just so much to see. Lots of stuff I've only seen in books before. And if Musee D'Orsay took that long, I don't think I've got a chance of making it through the Louvre.
After that I checked out the Grand Palace. Not quite what I thought it would be. I wasn't there for very long, but it gave me a chance to rest my feet (I got my first blister the day before yesterday). After that I started walking back towards Pont Neuf because you are supposed to be able to go to the top of the building where they filmed the Bourne Identity. But the building was closed for the holiday. And instead of heading towards Notre Dame which I had originally planned I ended up finishing the day watching the sunset at Montmarte. Because I had another date last night. This one went much better than my dinner with the Venezuelan. No guitar for one thing.
I'm not sure what I'm going to do today. It's too late to head to Versailles since I slept in and I just don't know how much more walking my feet can take.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This would be a good day to sit at a cafe outside and people watch all day. You could also try to get a drink at a real zinc bar. There are fewer of them now,but your hotel may be able to point you in the right direction. Also try a croque monsieur. (Sandwich with ham and swiss, kind of like a panini.) You may have already seen that roast chicken is a popular menu item. I recommend having it once; they make a good chicken.
Wow- look what you have done and seen in such a short time! You are a rock star. Ok I keep reading your posts waiting for a celebrity sighting....as you know the biggest celebrity sighting we have had in Westmont is Larry the Cable Guy- haha
So your blister is your sign to take it easy and have coffee or tea at the cafes and sit outside and people watch-- and also a sign that you should go shopping :) and pamper yourself
I remember there were lots of street artists drawing sketches of the sights in Paris - they were neat to watch at work as well-somehing relaxing to do
Ok, hate to go back to food but hearing you are in Paris makes me want a ham and brie cheese sandwich and then a chocolate crousaint(i cant spell)for dessert-- or chocolate crepes-- what do you think Amy?
another date- you go girl!
Post a Comment